Release Notes #
Pragma provides periodic updates to the engine, infrastructure, and SDK.
Update Pragma Engine #
You can use Buildkite to automatically update your Pragma Engine. Using Buildkite to update your version of Pragma Engine can prevent common errors. This is the recommended path. You can also manually integrate the latest release using Git.
After you’ve updated your version of Pragma Engine, update the Pragma SDK and integrate it with your game.
You can use Buildkite to automatically pull and merge the latest Pragma Engine changes into your Pragma Engine repository.
You must review and apply required release integrations described in the release notes. To update the Pragma SDK in your game engine code, see Update Pragma SDK.
- Use the link provided during onboarding to navigate to your Buildkite dashboard.
- Choose Pipeline from the navigation menu and choose the pipeline labeled gameName-engine-update.
- Choose New Build, leave all fields with the defined settings, and choose Create Build.
- The build will kick off and you will receive a success or error message.
- If the engine is up-to-date, the build will succeed and no changes will be made.
- If the engine was updated with no merge conflicts or failed test, the build will succeed and push the new commit
mainin your game’s Pragma Engine Git repository.
- If the job failed due to a merge conflict or failed tests, follow this procedure to resolve the issues:
# ensure your main branch is clear of any local changes git pull git checkout main git merge origin/source # resolve any conflicts and fix compilation / test errors git commit git push
You can use Git to update your Pragma Engine version to the latest version or another recent version.
- Pull the latest code, or the tagged release commit, from pragmaplatform/pragma-engine-release.
- Merge the code into your Pragma Engine.
- Resolve any merge conflicts.
- Review and resolve any required release integration described in the release notes.
- Build and test the updated Pragma Engine.
- Push the code to your repository.
Update the Pragma SDK #
The Pragma SDK is in the
pragmaplatform/pragma-engine-release/sdk directory and contains the Unity, Unreal Engine, and Pragma core SDK. The Unreal Engine and Unity SDK directories contain an
update-pragma-sdk.sh script that automates the process of replacing the SDK in your game repository.
During onboarding this script is set up for your repository and is ready for you to use. Run this script after you update your platform repository to get the latest SDK. If you build custom services or modify
ext protos, run this script to retrieve generated types for your SDK.
This script deletes the SDK and replaces it with the SDK in the platform repo. This guarantees any deletions from Pragma make it into your SDK as well. If you want to make changes to the SDK, you’ll need to account for this.